5 Cafes You Wouldn't Want To Miss On When In Mumbai

Hey guys , this is my first ever attempt at a blog post. I hope it will be worth your time. I have been in Mumbai for almost 2 years now and fortunately I got the chance to explore this bustling city of dreams. May it be its quirky cafes, scrumptious street food or the enthralling nightlife I have experienced it all. Hence, I decided to pen down top 5 cafes you shouldn't miss on when you are in Mumbai.

1. Flea Bazaar Cafe, Lower Parel
It is one of my most favorite cafes in Mumbai (no doubt it ranks 1st in the list). Flea Bazaar boasts about 14 hand-picked brands, it is a one-stop shop for all things awesome. Go here to binge on food and drinks from 14 restaurants, all under one roof. Apart from this, the place is pulsating with live music and oozes with good vibes. Talking about food, my most favorite cuisine here has to be Chinese (Hands down, I had the best Hakka Noodles here). The place serves all types of cuisines whether it be Italian, Asian, North Indian, South Indian, American and what not- there is something for every palate. I also got my hands on the sinful Chocolate Fondant (where are my chocolate lovers at? coz you're gonna love this to bits) and gooey Double Chocolate Brownie from Country Of Origin(COO) and I'd be lying if I say I am not craving for it while I type this. So, if you're looking for a night to remember this is your place, my friend.

What to eat: Veg Hakka Noodles from Hung Li, juicy Burgers from Bay Burgers, Tunday Kabab from Lucknowee Tunday Kabab, Sushi Burritos from Yoga Sushi, Chocolate Fondant from COO.

Source: LBB, Mumbai 

Here for the 'gram


2. Prithvi Cafe, Juhu
This iconic cafe is one of the oldest cafes in the city and also the busiest (never got a table before waiting for at least 10 minutes). It is attached to the renowned Prithvi Theatre which is a hub for intellectuals, artists and theatre types (if you're lucky enough you may spot a B'wood celebrity or TV actors). It has everything ranging from street food to continental cuisine and cutting chai to freak-shakes. I usually refrain from ordering North Indian food but I tried their signature Amritsari Aloo Kulcha and it was love at first bite. It is rich in butter and is served with a side of chole and raita. Apart from this, I tried Pav Bhaji, Garlic Bread, Penne Arrabbiata, Aloo Paratha and they all were succulent. If you know me, you know I am a sucker for brownies, and I never miss a chance when it comes to brownies so I tried their baby brownies and they were so gooey and luscious, so if you also love brownies don't miss on these little pieces of happiness when you visit the place.

What to eat: Amritsari Aloo Kulcha, Aloo Paratha, Pav Bhaji, Garlic Bread, Brownies, Blueberry Croissant, Apple Cinnamon Muffin, Sulemani Chai, Irish Coffee.

P.S.~ This place won't burn a hole in your pocket, visit with your friends, family, colleagues to have the time of your life. 
   
Mouth Watering Aloo Paratha
Source: Internet







3. August Cafe, Andheri
I love going to cafes that are cosy and exudes warm vibes rather than buzzing clubs so if you're alike me I have found a perfect place for you. It is a cafe situated in the heart of the city and has both outdoor and indoor seating. The menu covers all sorts of Continental and Italian food and their dessert section is one that stands out in the room. The interesting part is this cafe also has vegan and gluten-free options and also serves Jain food. I ordered a BBQ Cottage Cheese Pizza, Penne Arrabbiata and Iced Cafe Au Creme. They all tantalised my taste buds but Pizza has to be the moon among the stars, forgive me while I write this, the pizza was topped with decadent barbecue sauce, caramelized onions, green bell peppers, fresh cilantro and generous amount of cottage cheese on a freshly made pizza bread (I know you're craving for it right now). So whenever you're in a mood for freshly brewed coffee and piping hot pizza this place will surely not disappoint you.

What to eat: BBQ Cottage Cheese Pizza, Penne Arrabbiata, World's Best Nachos( yes, it is a name of the dish), August Ice-cream Sundae, Caramel Panna Cotta.

P.S.~ If you're a a die hard F.R.I.E.N.D.S fan this cafe will remind you of Central Perk.
                                                 
The Pizza I was talking about...



Source: Internet


4. Tipsy Gypsy, Andheri
On some nights when you feel to dance off your worries and indulge in an appetizing meal, Tipsy Gypsy is where you head. It is a casual dining cum gastropub offering a live music experience. It boasts of lovely interiors and magnificent ambiance. It also has a private dining area which is apt for a romantic evening (now you know where you're going for your next date :P). Let's talk about the most important part that is food (of course), this place offers eclectic menu comprising of Italian, Mediterranean and Continental. Pasta is my comfort food and I cannot afford to take the risk when it comes to Pasta so after perusing the menu and taking the waiter's recommendation my friends and I decided to order Penne Mama Rosa and boy I am so glad we did, it was one of the best pasta I've ever had. Apart from Pasta we also ordered a good old vegetable Pizza (which was not on the menu but they were kind enough to make one for us) and chopper rice (tipsy recommends) which was again a treat to the taste buds.

What to eat: Penne Mama Rosa, Chopper Rice, Cheese Badi Hai Mast Mast, Brownie with Vanilla Ice-cream.

Cocktails: Sexy Beach LIIT, Signature Tipsy Cocktail.

Coolest Bar Area
Entrance






5. Eat Around The Corner, Bandra
As the name suggests, it is situated at one of the cozy corners of Bandra. It is a beautiful cafe with pleasant interiors and vibrant outdoors. It has both indoor and outdoor seating, outdoor being the preferred one. It is more of a cafe than a restaurant serving American, Lebanese and Italian cuisine. This place is famous for its scrumptious salads and delectable desserts. There is also a live kitchen to satiate your pasta cravings. The only minus point here is that it is a self-service cafe but the food and the jolly vibes cover up for that. I went for a steaming hot cup of Cappuccino, Chocolate Glazed Donut and Chocolate Croissant. Donut was soft and fresh and Croissant was buttery, chocolaty and full of flavor (hope to devour it soon). To all the sweet tooths out there this place offers variety of dessert options to choose from. The next time you want to go for a coffee date or a dessert run, this place is where you go.

What to eat: Donuts, Croissants, Brownie, Chocolate chip Danish, Grilled Vegetable and Jalapenos Sandwich, Mac and Cheese Burger, Pink Sauce Penne Pasta.

P.S.~ They offer a 50% discount on their dessert menu after 10 P.M. (thank me later)

Croissants and coffee 
go hand in hand..






Outdoor Seating



I would sign off here and I hope this helps you select a better place when you plan to go out next or visit the city for holidays. Please leave your valuable reviews/suggestions below in the comment box it would mean a lot to me.
Thank you.








Comments

  1. I really liked the topic selected by you. Everyone would want to taste good food. Felt like I was reading a normal blog. So way much better than a first time effort. It is informative and interesting. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is too good for a newbie . 🤩#WorthReading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thank you for telling us about the discount. Lol. But apart from this, I think that's an amazing blog I've read after a long time. I really appreciate your work. Keep Writing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it was quite interesting. I agree with you on the cafes that I have visited from these5. And I am sure to visit the ones that I haven't yet visited as soon as normal life in Mumbai restores. This blog was quite helpful deciding the next venue for meet up with my friends. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment